GENERAL CONTESTING RULES
Please note that individual Contests may have additional or specific rules.
Country Music Television, Inc., a Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., CMT Radio LIVE with Cody Alan, Westwood One Inc., and each affiliate radio station, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its giveaways, contests and sweepstakes (collectively referred to herein as “Contest”) substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct Contests concurrently and simultaneously on several affiliate radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove affiliate stations or change call letters of any affiliate station at any time during a Contest as announced on the affected station. For a list of affiliate stations (for each individual Contest), please visit CMT Radio LIVE with Cody Alan affiliate station webpage by clicking here. Further, Company may change these rules at any time during a Contest.
1. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s), are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the respective Contest end date unless otherwise stated in the Contest’s official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. No purchase or cash transaction necessary to enter the Contest or win the prize. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents. The age limit will vary from Contest to Contest as determined by CMT Radio LIVE with Cody Alan, please refer to each Contest’s official rules, if applicable. Participants and winners must reside in the affiliate radio station’s Total Survey Area (TSA). If the Contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official Contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from the Company within any one hundred and eighty (180) day period. If the Contest involves listener participation by voting for a Contest participant on CMT Radio LIVE with Cody Alan’s website at www.cmtradiolive.com, then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. No robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated votes (collectively “Automated Votes“) permitted. Automated Votes or votes that have been tampered with will result in disqualification of all such votes. All interpretations of these voting process guidelines and decisions by Company are final. Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with any aspect of the voting process or the operation of the voting process or web site; to be acting in violation of these voting process guidelines; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. The odds of winning the applicable Contest depends on the number of eligible entries received for each Contest.
By entering the Contest via the Facebook or Twitter Method of Entry, you acknowledge that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to CMT and not to Facebook or Twitter. The information provided by you will only be used in connection with the related Contest unless you agree to receive additional information from CMT. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Contest should be addressed to CMT and not to Facebook or Twitter.
5. For all Contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win Contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted.
7. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
8. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize, which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS, TELEPHONE NETWORKS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the affiliate radio station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Contest Winners” ATTN: (INSERT NAME OF CONTEST HERE), CMT Radio LIVE Promotions, 330 Commerce Street, Nashville, TN 37201. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
11. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Radio station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.